Christine Shepard is a Hawaii-based underwater cinematographer with extensive SCUBA, freediving and shark diving experience.
With a dual bachelors degree from the University of Miami in Electronic Media and Ecosystems Science and Policy, Christine has a strong theoretical and technical foundation in both the natural sciences as well as multi-media production. She worked as the Media and Virtual Learning Manager for the University of Miami's Shark Research Program for several years after college. During this time, she developed an intimate understanding of shark behavior. Christine's underwater footage has been aired on Discovery Channel, NBC's Today Show, National Geographic Online, and numerous international news outlets. In 2015, she hosted daily educational segments for Shark Week on Discovery Channel Canada.
Now an entrepreneur based in Hawaii, Christine continues to refine her underwater videography expertise with a variety of commercial projects. Whether scuba diving, freediving, surfing, paddleboarding or just spending time on the water, Christine is at home in the ocean.
- Nikon D4s Full Frame DSLR
- Nikon 16-35mm wide angle lens
- Nikon 105mm macro lens
- Nauticam Underwater Housing
- Zen 9" Dome Port
- Sola Video 1200 Light
- Full SCUBA Setup
** Note: Additional Underwater Video Equipment can be rented for specific projects
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Freediving Instructors International Level 1 Freediver
- Offshore Emergency Medicine First Responder
- General Liability Insurance up to $1M per occurrence
- DAN Diving Insurance
- Equipment Insurance
** Note: Additional insurance can be added for specific projects, if needed
- Half Day: $450
- Full Day: $850
- Travel/Weather Days: 50% of daily rate
- Cancellation within 1 week of shoot date: 50% of total fee
- Cancellation within 48 hours of shoot date: 100% of total fee
** Note: Prices include my services, rental of my equipment, and digital delivery of footage. Additional fees may incur for camera upgrades, permits, or high-risk shoots.