International award-winning underwater photographer Christine Shepard is based in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Whether you're looking to license one of these captivating shark, sea turtle, or dolphin photos, or hire her for a custom underwater shoot, we'd love to hear from you.
Background & Qualifications
With a dual bachelors degree from the University of Miami in Electronic Media and Ecosystems Science and Policy, Christine has a strong theoretical and technical foundation in both the natural sciences as well as multi-media production. She worked as the Media and Virtual Learning Manager for the University of Miami's Shark Research Program for several years after college. During this time, she developed an intimate understanding of shark behavior. Christine's underwater photography has been widely published as covers, features and photostories in National Geographic Magazine, Popular Science Magazine, numerous scuba diving and fishing magazines, and even several covers of scientific journals.
Now an entrepreneur based in Hawaii, Christine continues to refine her underwater photography expertise with a variety of commercial projects. Whether scuba diving, freediving, surfing, paddleboarding or just spending time on the water, Christine is at home in the ocean.
- Nikon D4s Full Frame DSLR
- Nikon 16-35mm wide angle lens
- Nikon 105mm macro lens
- Nauticam Underwater Housing
- Zen 9" Dome Port
- Sola Video 1200 Light
- 2 Inon Z-240 Strobes
- Full SCUBA Setup
** Note: Additional Underwater Camera Equipment can be rented for specific projects
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Freediving Instructors International Level 1 Freediver
- Offshore Emergency Medicine First Responder
- General Liability Insurance up to $1M per occurrence
- DAN Diving Insurance
- Equipment Insurance
** Note: Additional insurance can be added for specific projects, if needed
- Photo licensing pricing is based on usage. Please contact me with your specific request.
- Commercial underwater photography pricing is based on the scope, complexity, time input and planned usage. Please contact me with your specific request.